More Information on Clothesline Covers
Clothesline Covers are now available for a range of clothes line models including covers for most rotary style lines and also covers for wall mounted or foldown line types.
In Australia a clothesline cover is a very popular clothes line accessory item, especially for those who own rotary washing lines as you can transform your old Hills Hoist or rotary unit into a huge umbrella in just a few minutes.
Clothesline covers are excellent for providing safe and shade play areas for kids or a nice shaded spot for the family pets to lie under during the long hot Australian summers. If you need any further help or advice when choosing the correct cover for your needs, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 798 779.
You would be forgiven for thinking that the very idea of a clothesline cover seems a little counter-intuitive. After all, doesn’t the most idyllic drying imagery lend itself towards thought of a clothes line in full sun on a hot summer’s day with a gentle breeze blowing? Possibly, but this isn’t the only way nor available, by request, every day year round!
Increasing your drying options and ability by investing in a line cover can be a fantastically, liberating, economical and all-weather year round solution for your needs.
Much as the concept of the umbrella in the rain, a cover turns your line into a giant umbrella or sunshade and it’s uses extend beyond assisting you with your laundry tasks.
Benefits of a clothesline cover:
- Aids drying with the use of cleverly designed vents to encourage airflow and circulation – which is crucial for drying clothes, not to mention helpful for blowing out those wrinkles. Temperature is not the only element involved in successfully air-drying clothes. You can have a cool day with a great breeze and still get the desired result from outdoor drying of your laundry.
- Protects clothes from harmful UV rays. Yes, warmth from the sun does encourage drying but did you realise that the sun also encourages the deterioration of your clothes?
- Saves your hard-earned funds by increasing viable outdoor drying days. Don’t fall into the trap of reaching for the dryer, and thereby rapidly depleting your bank balance, at the first sign of inclement weather – reach for your clothesline cover and enjoy the economical fruits of your labour. Plus, hanging your clothes on the line doesn’t wrinkle them or cause potential fire hazards. (As an aside, a vast proportion of residential fires are caused by these appliances, particularly if you don’t maintain them properly such as clearing out the lint filter. With a clothesline cover you can confidently leave the house, and washing, unattended. Leaving a dryer unattended is far from recommended).
- Eco-friendly as your clothesline cover doesn’t have the same excessive levels of greenhouse gas emission issues as using your dryer creates. Whether or not you consider yourself a greenie, this is a bonus even if it’s not your first priority.
- Prevents those unwanted ‘gifts’ from cheeky birds passing by overhead. There’s nothing worse than having your attempts at clean clothes and linen undermined by our feathered friends who we would normally enjoy! Particularly if you’ve freshly washed the sheets for the imminently arriving guests and they’ve been the unfortunate recipient of the ‘gift’
- Durability of your clothesline as it is protected by the cover and thereby encourages longevity as well as cleanliness.
- Peace of mind for dubiously forecasted days that your washing is protected so there’s no need to dash home from work and straight outside (when you’d rather be dashing for the kettle and a nice cuppa) to rescue the clothes from the rain or storm. You can even hang clothes out overnight comfortably.
- Protects you or your family members from the wrath of the summer sun. Dashing outside to hang a large load out on the line in the height of summer can have unexpectedly unpleasant results that may have you reaching for the aloe vera!
- Additional uses of the clothesline cover to enhance your backyard space include: as a giant sunshade – even when you’re not hanging out washing! Enjoy a cheeky glass of wine and cheese plate under the shade cast by the cover while still enjoying the warm/hot temperatures without being scorched like an almond. Extend your outdoor dining space by casting shade with the cover, or use the space as a picnic spot for yourself and the kids (particularly helpful for the baby who adamantly refuses to keep the hat on, even the ones with the strap underneath!) Don’t get cabin fever in the rain, head outside with the kids and their gumboots and have an outdoor rainy adventure without getting completely soaked.
Features of a clothesline cover include:
- Covers available for a variety of lines, not just the standard rotary.
- Aesthetically pleasing with a range of colour and material options (such as waterproof and shadecloth) available to best suit your needs and desires. Whichever way you look at it, it’s bound to be more pleasing to the eye than the old clothesline anyway!
- Anchors to your line so you don’t have to detach or worry on those windy days
- Easy to use – with user-friendly attachment options depending on your line. A lot of the time users of clothesline covers see no reason to take the covers on and off at all anyway, once on it’s good to remain in place, irrespective of the season or weather extremes.
- Convenient and storage simple. Using a line with a cover might be a more appropriate second-line wet weather option for you than purchasing a smaller clothes airer-type of line that requires storage when not in use.
Back Up To Products