Back Up To Products
Rotary clothes lines with a folding head are by far the most common type of rotary lines available today in Australia.
As housing lot sizes are becoming smaller and smaller and most people do not have the space for the old style classic "Hills Hoist" rotary clothes line, this type of folding rotary has become more and more popular as they take up less room and can be removed from the ground if required. Above you will find links to the specific product pages where you will find all the specifications, benefits and images of these new styled rotary clothes lines.
Our Folding Head Rotary Clotheslines are made from top quality manufacturers that you know and trust such as Hills and Austral. Folding Head Rotary washing lines and clotheslines are perfect for families of 3-4 people and are easily removed from the ground. Installation is easy, but if you aren't very handy around the home you can request installation from us for a flat rate of $135.
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to email or call us through our contact page.Back Up To Products
You want a rotary clothesline but not sure your backyard is large enough to host one?
You considered a rotary clothesline but would ideally love the ability to make the whole clothesline disappear occasionally?
You would have a rotary clothesline but you’re a small modern family and don’t quite need the enormous contraption of your childhood?
You need a rotary clothesline to deal to your laundry for the majority of the year but you’re reluctant to indulge when it seems so sit dormant through the rainy seasons and becomes an eyesore out your back window?
Then a folding rotary line might just the solution!
A folding rotary clothesline incorporates all those things that you love best about the traditional rotary design:
• The fantastic design enabling clothes to get the maximum amount of air circulation
• The line space and length – being able to hold multiple sets of sheets effortlessly and without crowding
• The strength and durability: even heavy, fresh out of the machine towels don’t present a problem
• Adjustable heights so you’re not hurting your back or stretching unnecessarily.
• Spinning the line around, rather than wandering up and down with peg basket and washing load in tow
WITHOUT making you sign off that portion of your precious backyard space to hosting the hoist.
Caught your attention? Here are some folding rotary clothesline features worth highlighting:
• Smooth folding action to collapse the span of the line to sit flush against the mounting pole. A retracting line retainer as a product feature should avoid tangles and hassles while this is being carried out.
• The capacity for the mounting pole and collapsed lines to be removed entirely from the ground socket. It’s one of the most popular features of this heavy duty line: much like having your cake and eating it too (not that that saying makes much sense at all. Why have a cake and NOT eat it?) but irrespective of this: have your fantastic rotary line and be able to move it giving you open space to play with.
• Smaller head size than the traditional fixed rotary line that demands less space from your yard. Maximising every inch of space is more crucial, and achievable, now than ever.
• Line length options ranging anywhere between around 35 metres all the way up to 58 metres.
• Line tension locks and single line tensioning on some products avoid saggy lines, particularly when your washing is usually on the heavy side.
• Quality products made from highly durable materials – including the line itself! Gone are the days of rusty, metal lines.
• Ground mount versatility – earth, tiles, concrete won’t present a problem, just prepare your ground socket correctly as instructed. If you’re a little less than handy, many suppliers of these quality lines offer an economical installation option to save you the trouble.
• Colour options so you don’t have to gaze upon your galvanized steel line if you don’t want to! Hate the metal look? What about green or beige? Want something a little different? You never know your luck with the colour palette available with the folding rotary range.
• Covers are available which can turn your line into a a cover to protect your clothes and items from the fierce Aussie sun, a wet weather friend without having to compromise on the drying ability, or an umbrella/sun shade to extend the outdoor dining times of year r simply to to read unde. Self-supporting, easily securable and aesthetically pleasing, these covers add a new dimension to an already satisfying product.
• Also available are storage covers if you want to protect your folded down line for longer periods, such as holidays, where it is not commonly in use. Great especially if you want to tuck it away but don’t want the extra effort or storage that comes with completely removing your line.
Currently the most popular Aussie clothesline, the folding rotary head is smaller and more compact, adaptable and appropriate for those families and households that simply don’t have the backyard space but want to be economical and/or environmentally conscious.
There are so many reasons this type of clothesline is so well loved.
Hate the thought of a fixed rotary as the centerpiece or dominating feature for your summer BBQ entertaining soirees?
Hate the thought of trying to cramp all your wet gear on a tiny line tucked around the corner in an awkward spot when really, there’s an amazing place in your yard if only it weren’t so prominently placed?
Struggle with the idea that backyard soccer or footy with the kids will have to be in conjunction with the rotary?
Too easy – with a folding rotary clothesline you just don’t even have to go there.